Sunday 24 May 2015

Long Weekends.

I was mega happy to see the back of last year. It was, quite frankly, shit. 2015 was going to be my year, it was going to be excellent. And then February came with the news of possible redundancy and the fact that my house was being knocked down. Both these pieces of news came in the same week, thanks for that world!

Anyway, happy to say that things have turned out for the better. I kept my job which was a huge weight off my shoulders and my housemates and I found the most beautiful flat that I never want to leave. So while everything turned out ok, it was a very testing couple of months. Luckily, everything was sorted before my long weekend in Copenhagen over the Easter weekend, I used this as an excuse to celebrate.













I absolutely love Copenhagen. I nearly moved there a few years ago for work but it fell through due to not being able to find anywhere to live. It's been 2 years since I've been! Time flies. 

It was a total perfect weekend of just walking, drinking coffee, drinking a lot of beer (a whole lot!), catching up with some very dear friends, lying on the harbour, photographs, dancing in Jolene  in the meat packing district until the small hours of the morning and eating the most delicious pizza. I gave it up for Lent, words can't describe how happy I was.

In Copenhagen, like a lot of similar cities, nothing opens on a Sunday and I mean nothing! So don't go thinking you'll have a full weekend of shopping or anything like that. Be prepared for a lot of walking. The city is pretty much flat though and so beautiful that you'll soon forget that everything is closed due to the amount of photography opportunities you'll have.

Have you been on any good trips recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment