Wednesday 21 January 2015

The Naked Palette.

I am literally the worst person ever when it comes to make up. After spending years having to apply it with a trowel for dance shows, I feel I look either too natural (read: bare faced) or in drag. There's no happy medium. I've also worn pretty much the same make up since I was about 14, black eye-liner, mascara and the palest powder going. (When I was about 16 I started to experiment with red eye shadow. I thought I looked super cool until a friend from college asked if I'd developed a crack habit over the summer holidays. I still have the offending eye shadow but it's now saved for Halloween and Halloween only!)

Then for Christmas last year, my dear uncle bought me a gift that has changed my make up bag for the better!


The Naked Palette from Urban Decay has become something I can't live without. 12 gorgeous shades going from a nude to a glittery black, there's something for everyone in this palette. There's also a difference in finishes with matte, shimmer and glitter shadows. It's safe to say I've fallen in love with it. For during the day, putting one of the nudes on before my eye-liner just makes me feel a lot more 'done.' And with the fantastic brush that comes with it, creating a superb smokey eye for an evening out is easy as pie.

I still may not be a make up master, but with this palette, as least I can fake it.

No comments:

Post a Comment